Sunday, June 7, 2009

another poem


my shoes and I went for a run today
they took me on a journey around the same blocks I always travel
but to me, the journey is always different
different people, different weather
new plants blooming
new cracks in the ground forming and expanding
the sunrise and sunset, never the same

along the way I am struck by the beauty of the trees
the sky is their canvas, their leaves are a painting
they encourage me to keep creating
as I run by them I feel as if I am a song or a memory 
swirling through the breeze
I feel like a part of nature 
not separate from it

on my runs I know I am exactly where I need to be 
thank you running shoes, thank you trees

-me

4 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. I just started running and even though it is challenging I am so grateful for the things I am learning from it. Thanks for sharing. I wish we lived in the same town...we could do some running together and talk about all things creative to pass the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute poem!!

    I have picked your blog for a blog award - go to my blog to check it out http://southerngirlflorals.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever thought of writing a book of poetry? I would buy it! I love your subject here and the poem is wonderful! I am a tree and nature lover too! I would love to see a small purse sized book of poetry that I could carry in my purse...would be lovely! Oh...it could feature some of your artwork also!!! Hee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete