Thursday, January 22, 2009

First things first

I know I said I would have my Mondo Beyondo Post today, but there is a change of plans. What I do have for you is one thing from my list. I would like to create a beautiful workspace, free of clutter, organized, that inspires, and makes me want to create create create! I am a true believer that you must surround yourself with things you love and beautiful things. So here are a couple ideas I have for my office makeover.....

This picture is from pottery barn of course. I chose this picture because I already have this type of desk in my office, except for it is white. Now this isn't exactly what I want my office to look like, but it is a start. I like the soft light color on the wall, the amount of light that is coming into the room and the organized clutter on the shelves. This is definitely a more realistic picture of an artist's workspace, hence the canvases and pictures scattered along the walls. Which brings me to my second wish list item.....





This flat file organizer from Dick Blick is exactly what I need to organize my watercolor paintings, drawings, and prints! It is a sin to not store your paper flat, and I have committed this sin by stacking things up against walls and putting papers in random corners of my office. This would be a life saver. It  would also allow a place to set extra supplies on. Which brings me to picture three:



I love the idea of these little white flower pots from ikea to use as storage. This picture was taken from an art blog that I discovered while exploring on etsy. The artists name is Geninne and she has great taste! I can see myself using some pretty vases to store my pencils, markers, and paint brushes in for easy access. Just lovely :)
I also need to accessorize my new space....so here are a couple pictures of items I like....




These pretty turquoise curtains from urban outfitters are so fresh and tranquil. I also LOVE this pretty flower rug from anthropologie. Lord knows I could never justify buying it in the largest size (which is of course the size I would like). So I will continue looking for colors and items that I love and get to work on making my workspace the best it can be! One of my first missions is finding a new paint color for my walls. Right now my workspace is a dark greenish yellow color called fossil butte.....not very inspiring. It makes me want to puke just thinking about it. At the time I thought it would be nice solid distinguished color....

Thanks for reading. I would love any advice or ideas about your office/studio. 

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment