Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday Things: St. Patrick's Day Inspiration

I have always been proud to be Irish. My maiden name is McGuire. You can't get much more Irish than that folks! I don't know why but I have always downplayed my French, English, and Polish background. Being Irish seems more fun somehow doesn't it? I think on St. Patty's day everyone likes to pretend they are a wee bit Irish, just so they can talk with a fake Irish accent and drink green beer. I don't think I will be doing the latter this year, but I will be celebrating with my little lucky charm ;-)

I put together a little collection of Thursday Things in celebration of this St. Patty's day.

Enjoy!



This enchanting photo print by smacshop takes me to another place, another land. I love it!






These pillows by ChloeandOliveDotCom are bold, modern, and very affordable. These graphic patterns are very "in" right now.





Antique brass owl + Jade = winning combo! Find this necklace from offbeet's shop on Etsy.




Although the weather is getting warmer we still need to keep those little baby feet warm! These springy booties can be found in handmadebabylove's shop.




Quilts are a necessity to create a warm and welcoming home. I am drawn to this star pattern. It looks like it would take a lot of hours to put together this intricate design by MurphysHouse.


And lastly, a Claddagh ring from nellyvansee's shop. It is an Irish symbol of love faith and loyalty. I thought you might appreciate a little education on the Claddaugh from Wikipedia:

The Claddagh ring (Irish: fáinne Chladaigh) is a traditional Irish ring given as a token of love or worn as a wedding ring. The design and customs associated with it originated in the Irish fishing village of Claddagh, located just outside the city of Galway. The ring was first produced in the 17th century during the reign of Queen Mary II, though elements of the design date to the late Roman period.

Now I leave you with an Irish Blessing:

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.



3 comments:

  1. What a great blog for St. Patty's Day. Thank you for a lovely collection of greens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You honor me and my Irish heritage as well, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog glad i found it! im your newest follower! i love the jade owl necklace!!!

    cassylately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete