Friday, July 2, 2010

Our Trip Home


Samuel and I hopped on a jet plane to visit our family in Minnesota. I had only planned to stay five days because I thought I would miss my husband too much and I figured Sammy would be worn out, but I ended up extending our stay since we were having such a good time and the weather was so beautiful. I think the grandparents were very happy with my decision to stay longer! Sammy is so lucky to have so many people that love and adore him. I felt like a mean mom taking him away from all our family and friends, but his daddy missed him and me and it felt so good to get home.

Being home feels wonderful but it got me thinking that I really need to build some kind of support system where we live now. I want Sammy to grow up with lots of love around him. I want our weekends to be filled with summer barbeques, birthday parties, and campfires. I am sending this wish out into the universe to see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to want for your child. I know you can build a life for him just like that!!! He is soooo cute! Glad your trip was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always feels good to go home doesn't it?!? Glad you enjoyed your trip to Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete