Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Updates



First Update: 

So the other day I was walking through my yard after mowing my lawn when all of a sudden I kicked something up from under my foot. It was the toad! The same toad from this post. I instantly stooped down to see if he was okay and he appeared to be alive and breathing. After all the trouble I had trying not to mow him over, he just had to be in the way! I was mad at him for not moving.  I mean seriously! I have saved him at least two other times so the least he could do is move to a lower traffic area. 

Second update: 

I recently wrote to Kohl's asking them if they recycled their hangers or not when a cashier told me that they just tossed them in a dumpster. I received a nice response saying that they do recycle them. I am very happy about this because I enjoy going to kohl's and now my mind can be at ease when I buy a new shirt. I have started recycling consistently about a year ago. It is great because I  only have one bag of actual trash (things I cannot recycle) to dispose of each week. Which makes me wonder if I should just get rid of my big garbage bin outside and just bring my trash to the recycling center with everything else? 

Third update: 

I may have a part time job working at a flower shop! This is really exciting for me because if you have seen my artwork  you will know I LOVE plants, flowers, and bright colors. I also love learning new things. I can imagine designing beautiful bouquets and arrangements for weddings and events. Sometimes I think I have too many interests and that I should just focus in on one thing, but life is too short not to try everything out. I just love being alive and I want to feel and do it all! Kind of like that song by Feist I Feel It All. 

Peace out and see ya tomorrow!


7 comments:

  1. Let us know if you get the job at the flower shop! That sounds like it would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A job in a flower shop would be so fun. You would come home full of inspiration!

    And I hear you about feeling like you have too many interests, lol. There's so many wonderful things out there that it's hard to focus on one thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, don't be mad at your toad friend-he might have been taking a nap and didn't realize he needed to move. I have a couple around here that I keep my eye on too. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hate to break it to you but I think your toad is a STALKER!!!! and who can blame the little guy for always wanting to be underfoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way! I just like to know how to do all kinds of things. I may take a cake decorating class here and a computer aided drafting class there...I just like to know how to do stuff!

    I hope you get the job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. feist = nervously decorating barren middle school walls in preparation for rambunctious 8th graders. i listened to feist constantly during that period and now it brings me right back to that place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a funny toad, you have foiled his meager attempt at suicide once again.

    good luck with the flower shop...fun:)

    ReplyDelete