Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Weekend


Happy Monday friends, 

I had a great weekend. Kyle sent me roses on Saturday and I was able to talk to him on the phone for quite a long time (for those of you who don't know he is in the military). It was exactly what I needed. I'm always falling in love over and over again.....just with him though :) I also received a sweet valentine from Kat and some delicious fudge from my friend Katie. 

To celebrate Valentines day I  got together with some friends and we went to see He's Just Not That Into You. It was a cute movie but it kind of drug on near the end and I was ready for it to be over. Afterwards, we went over to my friend Helen's house and made homemade quesadillas which we pronounced que- sa- dill- as like in Napoleon Dynamite. I like mispronouncing words sometimes just to see if people notice and it is usually with mexican food, like saying tack-os instead of tacos. We had a great time feasting and nibbling on cookies and fudge from Galena, IL. 

Today I had a phone interview for the art teaching job I was talking about last week. I think it went ok, but I would have preferred to have a face to face interview instead. I worry that my voice sounds too little-girlish and I had to ask the lady to repeat the questions numerous times because I was on speakerphone and could not hear her! A lot of my answers were repetitive and always came back to doing what is in the student's best interest. I decided that I will be happy if I get the job or happy if I don't. It is in God's hands now. 

Today I will clean my house, because it has gotten OUT of control. I have been having too much fun painting and leaving little messes all over the place. Abner and Amelia are no help. All they do is sleep all day and leave hair on my clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment