Monday, February 9, 2009

In the Quiet


Sorry it has been so long since I have last posted. I have definitely turned more inward lately and have not felt as social. I think everyone gets it these kind of "slumps" where you just need time to think or you need a break from technology. Slumps are usually a good thing for me because it gives me time to reevaluate what I want to be doing or should be doing with my life. One thing I am trying to figure out is whether or not I should take a teaching job in the fall. A brand new high school is opening up and it has been kind of a difficult decision. On one hand, we could use the money and I would be able to decide whether or not I really like teaching or if it was just middle school that I had a hard time with.  On the other hand, ever since I quit my teaching job last year, I have been sooo much happier. I have gone through a major period of growth both creatively and spiritually. I feel more "connected" to what it is I am supposed to be doing (if that makes any sense?) I am definitely a better wife, friend, and overall person. With teaching, it is almost like you give so much of yourself each day, that it is hard to come home and have energy to do the other things you love to do. I did apply for the job and I will just have to wait and see. Maybe I won't even get hired? and if I do get hired, maybe it is what I am supposed to do.  I am glad I talked about this, i am feeling much better already!


Ok so on friday night I had an amazing dream of a painting I should create. I have only had one other dream like this, but it is exciting because I woke up on Saturday morning with the urge to buy a canvas and paint what I saw in my dream! So here is a picture of it so far. I have to wait for the painting to dry a little first before I can add more. It is a mixture of oil and acrylic paints.  You can tell that I am definitely a girly girl by looking at this painting. I am probably going to put it in my bedroom or possible sell it when it is done. We'll see. 


Lastly I wanted to share with you a picture from my dinner party on friday night. I had four of my friends over and wanted them to feel extra special. So I got these adorable glasses with chalkboard paint on them from Pier One. Seriously that store has got some great deals lately. I had such a fun time with these amazing ladies. I should have taken more pictures!  We ate lasagna (with ground turkey and low fat cheese),  garden salad, and finished it off with a whole pan of brownies. So much for the lowfat dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment