Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Things: Vintage

Many people may not know it, but Etsy is not only a site for handmade goodies, it is also a site full of vintage treasures! Here are some notable vintage finds:



How about some Pyrex mixing bowls from FoundVintageStyle's shop. Now that's what I want to cook with!


I can see these Naturalizer Spectator Heels from sunnfox's shop either dressed up with leggings and a cute skirt or dressed down with some dark denim jeans. I am wondering if wearing another person's shoe would be weird at first though? I'm not sure. All I know is they look super cute.


These old letterpress letters  from SalvageNation's shop are quite the bargain! I can see them being used for making mixed media artwork or displayed in a grouping. 




Speaking of letters, how about a vintage 1950's typewriter from MyraMelinda's shop. Send a letter the old fashioned way and you're sure to make someone feel special :)


At Drawflower's shop you can get one of these lovely lampshades made with wallpaper from the 70's. Now if only I had one of these when I went through my Beatles/hippy phase...oh wait I think I'm still in that phase.


 There are vintage clothes galore on etsy. I love this vintage sweetheart pleated ruffle blouse from brownbagvintage's shop. This would be adorable with jeans. 

3 comments:

  1. Great finds! Thanks for the reminder, I often forget to check etsy for vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice choices, I especially love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this old typewriter is amazing!!! I am searching one for myself for such a log time...

    ReplyDelete