Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Making the most of your mornings


How do you spend your mornings?

My little one wakes me up between 6:30 -7 am with squeals and laughter. When he gets up, he is ready to PLAY. Momma on the other hand is not a morning person until she gets her coffee. In fact, my husband won't even attempt a conversation with me until I have a cup of coffee in my hand. It's a bad addiction I suppose, but I love my coffee. I really wish I was more of a morning person because I want to greet my husband and baby with a smile in the morning rather than a grumpy squinty-eyed face. So I have decided to take on a challenge called Maximize Your Mornings over at a blog called Inspired To Action. The focus of the challenge is to make the most of your mornings whether that means devoting time to prayer, exercise, or making lists to plan for your day. For me, this is a great idea because since becoming a mother it has been difficult to find time for myself during the day. It is also a great way for me to set aside time to really acknowledge and thank God for all the wonderful blessings in my life! This will hopefully put me in a good mood so that I can be a fun and happy wife and momma.

My first goal is to wake up 15 minutes earlier than I normally do to devote some time to reading the bible and prayer. By getting up early I hope to gain some kind of focus for the day and to set myself and my family up for success. Of course there is a chance that I will press snooze, but hopefully not. I will keep you posted.







1 comment:

  1. Cool Blog and very nice work BTW,

    Hi, I just wanted to know if you would consider following my blog cuz I need some followers: http://tootallspottery.blogspot.com/ I talk about ceramics, tattoos, art, music, etc…
    If you follow me I will put you in to win a FREE handmade necklace! My website is here: http://tootallspottery.com/

    I would also be happy to do a story on your blog and put this on my blog/website as well, just let me know -
    Thank you, Matt

    ReplyDelete