Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Peeling back



I feel like I am on the cusp of something very new. Behind the scenes in my work space I have been creating some very abstract little pieces of artwork that is much different than the stuff that is currently in my shop. I know that over time an artist's work evolves and changes so I am not that surprised. This new way of making is very uninhibited. I do not think so much about what I am doing. I just do. It all started as a way to warm up before diving into something bigger I was working on. I will soon share some of this work with you ;)

Today is supposed to be a hot one. My sunflowers just started to open yesterday. Little by little the green folds give away to the yellow petals that are trying to make their debut. It's funny how we are not so different from these flowers. Sometimes a seed is planted in our brains and behind the scenes we slowly manifest what it is that is about to be created in our lives. Slowly we peel back the layers so we can show to the world what it is that god/universe wants for us to share. Not sharing will limit us. If you don't show the world your gifts you cannot inspire others to live authentically and fully. So if you love to write, share your writing with someone. If you love to paint, make a painting for someone. If you love to cook, fill someone's belly!

That's all I have to say about that for today :)

Peace out

6 comments:

  1. thank you for this. timely for me :) look forward to seeing your new work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I've been feeling that way myself lately - evolving, growing... love it! Can't wait to see your new work, Kelly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the sunflowers are beautiful and the photography is pretty darn great too. i like that when i leave you a message i get to be a "lovely".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! Can't wait to see your new artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunflowers are a happy flower, good job on your abstracts. Its hard to break out of the mold and try something new. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous sunflowers!!! Is your new art work ATC's??? Guess we have to wait to see...can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete